Our parents are a diverse, unique, and interesting group of people. We welcome parent involvement throughout the school year. Children, teachers, and parents all benefit when working in concert with one another. The consistency provided in maintaining a purposeful community is of utmost importance to us. A carefully nurtured relationship between teachers and parents benefits the children tremendously.
- A weekly wrap-up is sent home, and photographs are posted online weekly.
- Parent-Teacher conferences take place two to three times a year.
- Parents and extended family are encouraged to visit the classrooms and share their talents, interests, skills, and other resources.
- School events take place throughout the year, and always welcome family participation.
At the Preschool of the Arts,
our practice of the Reggio Approach
is based on these principles:
- A child is capable and competent.
- The teacher is present and in tune with the classroom.
- Freedom happens within structure.
- Learning is visible.
- The environment is the third teacher.
- Connecting with nature is a daily practice.
- Art is an essential learning tool.
- Joy fosters learning.
- Self-worth is the foundation of learning.
PRESCHOOL OF THE ARTS
477 Mathis Ferry Road • Mount Pleasant, SC 29464 • 843-884-2323